The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a look at what’s going on around the National League West.
- The Rays placed Mallex Smith on the disabled list with a hamstring injury.
- Is there hope for the Blue Jays and Mariners? Probably for one of the two, but not both.
- Toronto placed Josh Donaldson on the 10-day disabled list and recalled Chris Coghlan in the corresponding roster move.
- The Rays promoted Shane Peterson from Triple-A, according to Marc Topkin of The Tampa Bay Times.
- Right-hander Casey Fien accepted an outright assignment, according to Bob Dutton of The Takoma News Tribune.
- The Nationals still don’t have a timetable for shortstop Trea Turner’s return to the lineup, according to Byron Kerr of MASNSports.com.
- There is a chance left-hander David Price is prepared to face live hitters over the next few days, according to Jen McCaffrey of MassLive.com.
- Rich Hill is set to return to the Dodgers on Sunday, according to Mike DiGiovanna of The Los Angeles Times.
- Mariners reliever Steve Cishek will begin a minor league rehab assignment over the next few days, according to MLB.com’s Greg Johns.
- Rockies right-hander will be out for at least a month because of a stress factor in his foot, according to Nick Groke of The Denver Post.
Spring Training Release Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2010, Jorge Cantu set a record by earning a hit and RBI in the first ten games of the season.