The Angels selected reliever Deolis Guerra’s contract Friday, according to Jeff Fletcher of The Orange County Register. Left-hander Andrew Heaney was transferred to the 60-day disabled list in the corresponding roster move.
Guerra had success with the Angels last season, pitching to a 3.21 ERA and 3.76 FIP over 53.1 innings. That came after he struggled with Pittsburgh in 2015, when he posted 6.48 ERA over 16.2 innings.
Here’s the latest from around the American League West:
- Brad Peacock has emerged as a legitimate bullpen option for the Astros, which is notable for Houston’s relief core.
- The Athletics have several candidates to serve as leadoff men, but the best option depends on what your criteria for a leadoff man is.
- The Mariners optioned Dillon Overton to Tacoma after he struggled in Wednesday’s loss to the Astros.
- Andrew Cashner is slated to start Saturday, which bodes well for the Rangers rotation.
- Victor Rojas talked Angels baseball with Halos Heaven.