The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a look at what’s going on around the American League West.
- Despite earlier reports, Carlos Correa is not ruling out the possibility of signing an extension with the Astros.
- Garrett Richards will continue to undergo tests to determine what caused his bicep strain.
- Jeff Hoffman is among the candidates the Rockies can turn to in the absence of top pitcher Jon Gray, according to MLB.com’s Thomas Harding.
- Giants left fielder Jarrett Parker will be sidelined with a broken right clavicle, according to Henry Schulman of The San Francisco Chronicle.
- The Dodgers and Brewers continue to discuss a trade involving Ryan Braun, according to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe.
- The Tigers optioned right-hander William Cuevas to Triple-A, the club announced. He didn’t have much success in his major league debut.
- Braves outfielder Matt Kemp is expected to join the club Wednesday, according to David O’Brien of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- The Padres activated catcher Hector Sanchez from the concussion disabled list.
- Astros right-hander Lupe Chavez opted to retire, according to Jake Kaplan of The Houston Chronicle.
- Despite the Blue Jays’ struggles through the first part of their schedule, they aren’t preparing to make any dramatic changes, according to Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi.
Spring Training Release Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2015, Giancarlo Stanton became the Marlins’ all-time home run leader.