The Milwaukee Brewers activate Andrew Susac from disabled list and optioned him to Triple-A. Susac was added to the 10-day DL before the season began after sustaining a neck injury. Previously with the Giants, the 27-year old has been competing with Jett Bandy and Manny Pena for seeing the most game time for the Brewers. The young catcher will get acclimated with behind the plate action in Colorado after having to miss most of spring training. He’ll see regulate at bats in Triple-A, so his road to recovery could lead back to Milwaukee in no time.
Here’s what else is going on in the National League Central:
- The Pirates are already creating an interesting pattern in their offense.
- The Reds have optioned Jesse Winker, sent Brandon Finnegan to DL, and called Sal Romano and Tim Adleman up.
- Do you get this Matt Adams science project? Does anyone?
- The Cubs are having another ring ceremony today, so be sure to set an alarm for it.
- The Pirates swept the Cubs thanks to stellar performances by Jameson Taillon and Adam Frazier.
- Is trading Ryan Braun still on the table?
- Cincinnati has the second largest MLB Draft bonus pool.
- Lance Lynn is like a fine wine...better as it goes through the batting order repeatedly. Uh, yeah, that sounds about right.
- The Chicago Cubs are worth $2.68 billion, according to Forbes.
- Casey Hughston is hitting well for Pittsburgh’s Single-A affiliate.
- The Brewers designated David Goforth for assignment while maneuvering a pair of trades with Orioles.
- Carlos Martínez got even more extensions!
- Party Pooper Alert: Albert Almora Jr. is not Rookie-of-the-Year eligible.