Buster Posey has been activated from his concussion DL stint. Posey was placed on the seven-day concussion DL after taking a rouge fastball from Taijuan Walker to the helmet. The young catcher has sat out the past week of Giants games as San Francisco pulled out all the precautionary stops to make sure he was a-okay. The team will be watching closely in case symptoms of a concussion begin to reappear.
Here’s what else is going on in the National League West:
- Trevor Cahill is set to return on Sunday.
- The Rockies have called up Pat Valaika and optioned Shane Carle and Raimel Tapia.
- What’s the best way for Arizona to utilize Archie Bradley?
- Dodgers place Grant Dayton on DL and recall Josh Fields from OKC.
- When should the Giants do something about left field?
- San Diego has procured the triumphant return of Hector Sanchez and Kevin Quackenbush.
- Colorado’s bullpen is already being tested this early in the season.
- The Diamondbacks’ minor leaguers are really making sure the team can see how good at offense they are.
- Alex Wood will take Rich Hill’s rotation spot while the pitcher is sidelined because of his lingering blister issue.
- Bruce Bochy has been hospitalized and will miss Kansas City series.
- How deep should we expect Arizona Diamondbacks’ starters to go?
- Logan Forsythe has returned to the lineup while Rob Segedin starts at first base.