The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a look at what’s going on around the National League East.
- J.A. Happ has been diagnosed with elbow inflammation.
- Angel Pagan to sit out 2017 season to spend more time with his family.
- The Phillies almost traded with the Mets for Jay Bruce. Tough call, guys.
- Major League Baseball will always have a problem with performance enhancing drugs.
- Is a combined no-hitter a real no-hitter?
- Obvious but important news alert: MLB really needs to increase its diversity across the board.
- Amir Garrett is a reason to watch the Reds in 2017, because we all know you totally forgot that they were a baseball team.
- Starling Marte has been suspended by the Pirates for 80 games due to PED use.
- A Mets umpire stops mid-game to smell barbecue wrapper and to be fair “Blue Smoke” is a religious experience...just a suggestion if you’re ever at Citi Field.
- Who might the Pirates scrounge up to replace Marte?
- The Phillies have sent left fielder Howie Kendrick to DL.
- Mascots are one of the best parts of baseball, thank you come again.
- Ichiro homered in what could potentially be his last at-bat in Seattle and I’m not crying you’re crying.
- Let this little kid getting tickets to a Cubs game be what warms your heart this Friday morning.
- Umpires might get mics to explain video reviews and also force us all to listen to their mixtapes.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On April 21st, 2014, Ike Davis becomes the first major leaguer to hit a grand slam for two different teams in April. Overachiever.