Joc Pederson will head to the 10-day disabled list for a groin strain in his right leg. This comes after Pederson felt some discomfort in his leg while lunging at first base on a groundout to shortstop. He exited Sunday’s game against the Diamondbacks right after.
The 25-year old is slashing .220/.322/.340 so far this season. Pederson finished 6th in Rookie of the Year voting in 2015.
Brett Eibner has been called up from Triple-A to replace him in centerfield for the time being. It feels like this season, more players have been injured in the first month than ever before. Pederson is the 12th Dodger to waltz over to the disabled list so far this season.
Here’s what else is poppin’ around the National League West:
- Brendan Rodgers has been reinstated from the disabled list.
- The Diamondbacks send Shelby Miller to the disabled list, Arizona weeps.
- The Giants have called up Christian Arroyo.
- Trevor Cahill has made an awesome comeback.
- The Rockies pitching rookies are playing with the tact and instinct of veterans, so that’s a really good sign.
- The Dodgers have called up Adam Liberatore up from Triple-A.
- Who has the greatest potential to replace Shelby Miller in the rotation?
- No, the Giants aren’t going to start to rebuild, please stop asking.
- The Padres in the market for Cuban outfielder Luis Robert.
- Trevor Story’s offense is still far from perfect.
- Kenta Maeda allowed four homers in his latest outing...so that’s not a great sign.
- What’s the best way for the Diamondbacks to utilize Archie Bradley?
- Should the Giants dock Madison Bumgarner’s pay following his dirt bike accident?