The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a look at what’s going on around the National League West.
- Eric Gagne is going to give 2017 the ultimate comeback story.
- Panda down: Pablo Sandoval will head to the 10-day DL with a right knee sprain.
- The Nationals are interested in closers David Robertson and Alex Colome.
- Jeb Bush and Derek Jeter just bought the Marlins for $1.3B, welcome to the new golden age of baseball.
- Should MLB make PEDs legal?
- The Pirates are still on a search for an outfielder to replace Marte.
- David Freese is the strongest player in Major League Baseball.
- Dodgers bring up top prospect, Cody Bellinger.
- Madison Bumgarner out 6-8 weeks with dirt bike injury, because as we’ve learned, being injured via your semi-dangerous hobbies can never end well.
- Felix Hernandez will have his shoulder looked at in Seattle after experiencing discomfort...amongst other things.
- The Mets place Lucas Duda and Wilmer Flores on the disabled list because they literally cannot catch a break.
- Shelby Miller is heading to the DL.
- The Tigers place Miguel Cabrera on the 10-day disabled list with a groin strain.
- Phillies place Aaron Nola on DL with lower back strain.
- Addison Russell is trying to get every MLB player to sign his Pokémon card collection, is literally everyone’s hero.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
Spring Training Release Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On April 26th, 1988, Keith Hernandez hits two homers and drives in seven runs to reach the 1000 RBI milestone.