The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a look at what’s going on around the National League West.
- Superhuman Eric Thames left last night’s game with hamstring tightness but is probably just did it to lull every other team into a sense of security. Also, he’s not here for you haters.
- Eric Gagne is going to give 2017 the ultimate comeback story.
- Panda down: Pablo Sandoval will head to the 10-day DL with a right knee sprain.
- As if the NFL draft could get any worse and the Marlins could get any more...well, depressing.
- Jeb Bush and Derek Jeter just bought the Marlins for $1.3B, welcome to the new golden age of baseball.
- The first African-born player in MLB singles in first AB, is reason why baseball is an amazing sport.
- David Freese is the strongest player in Major League Baseball.
- Dodgers bring up top prospect, Cody Bellinger.
- Madison Bumgarner will be out 6-8 weeks with dirt bike injury, because as we’ve learned, being injured via your semi-dangerous hobbies can never end well.
- Mariners put King Felix on 10-day disabled list. It is expected that he’ll be out 2-3 weeks. Everyone hold on tight to your precious aces, they’re going down left and right.
- Chris Coghlan will be tossing his hat into the Olympic Trials for the long jump too, FYI.
- Addison Russell is trying to get every MLB player to sign his Pokémon card collection, is literally everyone’s hero.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On April 27th, 1983, Nolan Ryan breaks Walter Johnson's 56 year-old and pitches his 3,509th career strikeout.