Boston rookie Ben Taylor has earned his spot in the Sox bullpen, because dreams really do come true. Taylor was a non-roster invitee to spring training this year and was drafted in the seventh round of MLB’s first year draft in 2015. In the Grapefruit League, the 24-year old pitched 3.46 ERA in 13 innings and has a good chance at being one of Boston’s strongest middle relief pitchers.
Here’s what else is poppin’ around the American League East:
- Attention all haters from the beginning of the offseason: Logon Morrison is out here and ready to prove you wrong.
- Here’s a breakdown of Masahiro Tanaka’s Opening Day stumbles.
- The Red Sox just got a little extra boost in the outfield depth department.
- So many walk offs and it’s only day two of baseball. This one was off of the bat of Mark Trumbo, defeating the Jays, 3-2.
- Blue Jays release Melvin Upton Jr. just before Opening Day.
- Chris Archer is a four pitch pitcher...but also dominated the Yankees on Opening Day.
- Do the Yankees have the attention span to see this rebuild to the end?
- How many games do you think the Orioles will win in 2017?
- Blue Jays place Mike Bolsinger on waivers.
- Mallex Smith and his speed are just what the Rays need to usher the team into a new era.
- What are you predicting for the Yankees this season? The outlook doesn’t exactly feel sunny and optimistic.
- Do the Red Sox have what it takes to win the World Series this year?
- Zach Britton could still use some tweaking, to be honest.
- Toronto signs Chris Coghlan.