The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Baseball is officially in full swing and we can barely contain our excitement.
Here’s a look at what’s going on around the National League Central.
- Cardinals sign Yadier Molina to a three-year extension.
- Cleveland has extended Roberto Perez.
- St. Louis has resigned Stephen Piscotty to a six-year contract extension. Not that’s some commitment.
- Madison Bumgarner is the first pitcher to hit two home runs on Opening Day because of course he is.
- What’s the best time zone for a sports fan to live in?
- SuntTrust Park has plenty to offer, including very overpriced food and horribly long lines.
- Could baseball possibly return to Montreal?
- Opening Week is going full throttle ahead. Here’s what we’ve learned so far.
- Tropicana Field has a new turf which is awesome because the old turf was getting us concerned about a potential swamp people colony under the stadium.
- It’s Gronk’s world and we’re all just living in it.
HEY YOU. YEAH, YOU! READING THIS! SB Nation’s 2017 Season Preview is out and it’s your one stop shop for the most thorough and professional predictions to watch for this season. Don’t be the only person around the water cooler who hasn’t read it.
Unhappy with your team’s general manager? Would like to throw them a parade? Little bit of both? Let your opinionated flag fly right here with our front office confidence survey.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On April 4th, 1974, Hank Aaron ties Babe Ruth's all-time home run record.