Seth Lugo has been placed on the 10-day disabled list due to a slight UCL tear. While it’s not been made clear yet what the lasting prognosis is, he’ll be out a few weeks at minimum. It’s safe to assume that a large part of this problem is a lingering effect of all the use Team Puerto Rico got out of Lugo’s arm in the WBC. The righty is seeking a second opinion on how to move forward, but sources close to the team say they outlook isn’t rosy. That’s just the Mets’ luck, isn’t it? Having a complete, injury-free rotation would make it too easy.
Here’s what else is goin’ down in the National League East:
- Blake Treinen is already racking up the saves, so that’s an optimistic look for the season.
- What direction will the Phillies go in the draft this year?
- Mets sign Josh Rodriguez to a minor-league deal.
- What do the last two drafts tell us on how the Braves will pick their prospects this year?
- Reflecting on Marlins Park, five years after its grand opening.
- It’s Dusty Baker’s 22nd season as a manager and he has some long lasting advice for all you young whippersnappers.
- Nonbelievers beware, the Phillies are not only underdogs, but they’re totally due.
- Here’s you go-to food guide for when you visit the illustrious Citi Field in Flushing.
- The Braves have announced their minor league rosters.
- How will the Marlins finish this season?
- The season has begun but that doesn’t mean news down on the farm has slowed. Check out these Nationals prospects that you should be keeping tabs on all season.
- In theory, the Phillies have one of the strongest outfields in the game. Once again, in theory.
- Check out this awesome interview with Atlanta prospect, Ray-Patrick Didder.
- The Marlins have signed Vance Worley to a minor-league deal.