The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Baseball is officially in full swing and we can barely contain our excitement.
Here’s a look at what’s going on around the American League East.
- Cardinals sign Yadier Molina to a three-year extension.
- Stephen Piscotty signed a contract extension a few days ago. Yesterday he was hit by three baseballs in three minutes. Life comes at you fast and we truly hope he’s okay.
- Cleveland has extended Roberto Perez.
- St. Louis has resigned Stephen Piscotty to a six-year contract extension. Not that’s some commitment.
- So we’re three games into the season and injuries have already creeped up on the Mets’ pitching rotation.
- What’s the best time zone for a sports fan to live in?
- SuntTrust Park has plenty to offer, including very overpriced food and horribly long lines.
- Here’s Mike Trout very quietly reminding you that he’s Mike Stinkin’ Trout.
- We asked you guys how you feel about your team’s front office. You gave us answers. Read those answers, the good, the bad, and the ugly, all right here.
- Could baseball possibly return to Montreal?
- The Rockies 2017 Opening Day payroll has set a franchise record.
- Opening Week is going full throttle ahead. Here’s what we’ve learned so far.
- David Ross did a “Magic Mike” routine on Dancing With the Stars and warning it’s a little rough to watch without cringing.
- It’s Gronk’s world and we’re all just living in it.
HEY YOU. YEAH, YOU! READING THIS! SB Nation’s 2017 Season Preview is out and it’s your one stop shop for the most thorough and professional predictions to watch for this season. Don’t be the only person around the water cooler who hasn’t read it.
Spring Training Release Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On April 5th, 1989, Orel Hershiser's scoreless-inning streak ends at 59.