Chicago has signed righty pitcher Mike Pelfrey to a minor-league deal. This comes less than a week after the 33-year old was released from the Tigers. Last year in Detroit, Pelfrey posted a 5.07 ERA and a 5.15 FIP. The veteran was let go due to poor performance during spring training.
Here’s what other news is floating around the American League Central:
- Justin Verlander is en route to the Hall of Fame track once more.
- Is the cleanup spot the best bet for Joe Mauer?
- It’s likely that Carlos Santana will play in the outfield at least one time this weekend.
- Alex Gordon will finally play right field.
- Here’s you handy dandy guide to parking at Comerica Park.
- Max Kepler has had some awesome defensive development and deserves more credit.
- You get a Cody Allen hot take, and youuuuuuu get a Cody Allen hot take, EVERYONE HAS A CODY ALLEN HOT TAKE.
- Danny Duffy’s first start gives a lot of hope for the rest of the season.
- The White Sox are still after Cuban outfielder Luis Robert.
- What will the Tigers pitching rotation look like as the year goes on?
- Robbie Grossman...designated hitter?
- Tyler Naquin is a baseball anomaly who is hard not to love.
- This Royals ad with Buck O’Neil is straight up Oscar material.
- Jose Quintana had a very hyped offseason and a very, very rough first start.