The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Baseball is officially in full swing and we can barely contain our excitement.
Here’s a look at what’s going on around the American League Central.
- Junior Guerra will be out at least six weeks due to a calf strain.
- The Braves sign Ryan Howard to a minor-league deal. This is not a delayed April Fool’s Day joke.
- The Giants had a quiet offseason, so now they’re making all of their moves.
- The Brewers have claimed Nick Franklin.
- Who are the most important players in the National League Central? These guys right here.
- Cleveland and Carlos Santana are having discussions about a possible contract extension.
- Start you Friday with this heartwarming story about the Red Sox and a little boy who loves baseball.
- Here’s Mike Trout very quietly reminding you that he’s Mike Stinkin’ Trout.
- We asked you guys how you feel about your team’s front office. You gave us answers. Read those answers, the good, the bad, and the ugly, all right here.
- White Sox have signed veteran pitcher Mike Pelfrey.
- BREAKING NEWS ALERT: TIM TEBOW HIT A HOME RUN. THIS IS ALSO NOT A LATE APRIL FOOL’S DAY JOKE.
- Opening Week is going full throttle ahead. Here’s what we’ve learned so far.
- David Ross did a “Magic Mike” routine on Dancing With the Stars and warning it’s a little rough to watch without cringing.
- The Mets have signed Desmond Jennings to a minor-league deal.
HEY YOU. YEAH, YOU! READING THIS! SB Nation’s 2017 Season Preview is out and it’s your one stop shop for the most thorough and professional predictions to watch for this season. Don’t be the only person around the water cooler who hasn’t read it.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On April 7th, 2012, Octavio Dotel, playing for his 13th team, breaks a major league record.