The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a look at what’s happening around the American League West.
- The Orioles acquired Miguel Castro from the Rockies, adding to their pitching depth.
- The Angels placed Garrett Richards on the disabled list with a biceps strain.
- Take a look at how players who joined new teams this season are performing through the first week of 2017.
- Texas sent left-hander Andrew Faulkner to the Orioles in a trade earlier this week.
- Washington is set to select Jeremy Guthrie’s contract and have him start Saturday, according to MASN’s Dan Kolko.
- Tampa Bay released right-hander Cory Rasmus on Friday, according to Marc Topkin of The Tampa Bay Times.
- The Dodgers placed left-hander Rich Hill on the 10-day disabled list as a result of a blister, the club announced.
- The Mets have considered signing Doug Fister, who is still seeking a major league deal, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
- Cleveland is open to discussing an extension with starter Carlos Santana, according to Heyman.
HEY YOU. YEAH, YOU! READING THIS! SB Nation’s 2017 Season Preview is out and it’s your one stop shop for the most thorough and professional predictions to watch for this season. Don’t be the only person around the water cooler who hasn’t read it.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2010, Yovani Gallardo signed a five-year deal with the Brewers.