Colorado has traded reliever Miguel Cabrera to the Orioles for cash considerations or a player to be named later. The 22-year old came over to Colorado in 2015 as a part of the Troy Tulowitzki deal. While his major league career has been marked by injuries and poor performance, he’s still young and has to potential to find his stride in a different pitching environment.
Here’s the latest from around the National League West:
- Kyle Freeland had an outstanding major league debut for the Rockies.
- Would should you be following on Twitter in the Arizona Diamondbacks family? Find out right here.
- Do you want this Madison Bumgarner shirt? Of course you do, don’t be silly.
- The Padres have placed Hector Sanchez on DL, calling up Jabari Blash to fill his spot.
- Maybe we were too premature on all those Clayton Kershaw predictions coming out of spring training.
- The Diamondbacks are looking to build humidor at Chase Field—no, not for cigars.
- Pastrami is almost always the correct answer.
- San Diego has assigned Cesar Vargas and Keith Hessler to the minors.
- What players matter the most in the National League West? These guys right here.
- Top Rockies prospect Brendan Rodgers placed on disabled list
- Rich Hill has been placed on the 10-day DL for more blisters.
- PSA: BRANDON BELT IS GOOD AT BASEBALL, DESERVES MORE.