The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a look at what’s happening around the National League East.
- The Orioles acquired Miguel Castro from the Rockies, adding to their pitching depth.
- Melvin Upton Jr. has signed a minor-league deal with the Giants.
- Take a look at how players who joined new teams this season are performing through the first week of 2017.
- Bronson Arroyo is back with the Reds and ready to make a triumphant return.
- Washington is set to select Jeremy Guthrie’s contract and have him start Saturday, according to MASN’s Dan Kolko.
- Tampa Bay released right-hander Cory Rasmus on Friday, according to Marc Topkin of The Tampa Bay Times.
- That Tim Tebow homer was much deeper than you thought.
- The Mets have considered signing Doug Fister, who is still seeking a major league deal, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
- Cleveland is open to discussing an extension with starter Carlos Santana, according to Heyman.
- Yadier Molina got a baseball stuck to his chest protector and yeah we’re getting some Iron Man vibes too.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On April 9th, 1990, On Opening Day, Glenn Davis is hit by a pitch three times, tying a major league record which is shared by many major leaguers.