The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Voting for the All-Star game has officially started, so fill out your ballots out early and hope your favorite player is still healthy by the All-Star break.
Here’s a look at what’s going on around the National League West.
- Pirates pitcher Jameson Taillon has been treated for suspected testicular cancer.
- The Padres have acquired Matt Szczur, so say that ten times fast.
- The Royals are ‘likely’ to re-sign Alcides Escobar.
- Mets and Blue Jays were among four clubs that attended Doug Fister’s showcase.
- The Twins have traded Danny Santana to the Braves.
- The Cardinals are now in 1st place after an 11-4 run.
- Get ready folks, there’s more Harvey controversy because why wouldn’t there be...
- Wow, it just keeps getting better...or worse...how about it just keeps going and going with this Matt Havery vs. Mets issue.
- Which baseball team is most representative of the “Evil Empire’?
- This weekend, the Mets became the poster child for always double checking your social media posts.
- Kyle Seager hit a Rangers fan right where the sun don’t shine with his game-winning home run.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On May 10th, 2015, 29 year-old Felix Hernandez becomes the fourth youngest player to strike out 2,000 batters.