The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Voting for the All-Star game has officially started, so fill out your ballots out early and hope your favorite player is still healthy by the All-Star break.
Here’s a look at what’s going on around the American League Central.
- Andrew Toles to have MRI on his right knee.
- The Padres have acquired Matt Szczur, so say that ten times fast.
- Iwakuma has been sent to the DL by the Mariners for shoulder inflammation.
- Mets and Blue Jays were among four clubs that attended Doug Fister’s showcase.
- The Twins have traded Danny Santana to the Braves.
- Here’s some news that’ll be hard to swallow for some fans: this is likely the end for Ryan Howard.
- Get ready folks, there’s more Harvey controversy because why wouldn’t there be...
- Wow, it just keeps getting better...or worse...how about it just keeps going and going with this Matt Havery vs. Mets issue.
- Which baseball team is most representative of the “Evil Empire’?
- This weekend, the Mets became the poster child for always double checking your social media posts.
- Manny Ramirez, King of Dingers.
- Kyle Seager hit a Rangers fan right where the sun don’t shine with his game-winning home run.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On May 11th, 2003, Marlins fire manager Jeff Torborg.