It’s a really tough year to be the Marlins infield. Up next on their carousel of injuries, Miguel Rojas heads to the DL with a broken thumb. He’ll be in a cast for the time being and likely to miss a couple of months for the fish. In his 24 games played this season, the 28-year old was slashing a white hot 338/.389/.400. Things are getting so bad for the Marlins defense, the Red Cross has already tried to send aid.
Here’s what else is poppin’ in the National League East:
- If you’ve ever been mad, you’ve still never been “Don Mattingly fed up with this nonsense” mad.
- Need your heart warmed this morning? Watch this new promo for a Washington D.C. animal shelter starring Max Scherzer.
- The Phillies have extended Pete Mackanin’s contract, but was that a smart choice?
- Sarasota County has approved the Braves’ new Spring Training home.
- Jeurys Familia has been diagnosed with a blood clot in his right shoulder.
- Hot take alert: The Nationals shouldn’t wait to look for bullpen help.
- Ryan Howard has been released from the Braves’ Triple-A affiliate. Woooomp.
- Is this the end of Big Sexy as we know him?
- Michael Conforto is dealing with hamstring tightness, but fret not because he isn’t expected to miss any additional time.
- Another huge bummer for the Marlins defense: Martin Prado is taking another trip to the disabled list.
- The Nationals made Adam Eaton a parking space for his little scooter to add some happiness into this all around bad situation.
- Are the Phillies bullpen roles shifting for the better or is this just a reinvention of the same old song and dance?
- Did Braves make the right call when they hired Chuck Hernandez?
- Yoenis Cespedes is just about two weeks out from returning to the field, all of Queens rejoices.