The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Voting for the All-Star game has officially started, so fill out your ballots out early and hope your favorite player is still healthy by the All-Star break.
Here’s a look at what’s going on around the American League East.
- Andrew Toles to have MRI on his right knee.
- The Padres have acquired Matt Szczur, so say that ten times fast.
- Iwakuma has been sent to the DL by the Mariners for shoulder inflammation.
- Jeurys Familia has a blood clot in his right shoulder. Doesn’t sound high on a list of fun activities.
- The Twins have traded Danny Santana to the Braves.
- Here’s some news that’ll be hard to swallow for some fans: this is likely the end for Ryan Howard.
- Looking for the next big baseball story that equally awesome and inspiring? Here are 10 things you should know about James Hoyt, a 30-year-old rookie for the Astros.
- Houston is doing pretty well not being mediocre in a division that is as about exciting as watching paint dry.
- Which baseball team is most representative of the “Evil Empire’?
- So uh...the Cubs may have broken the World Series trophy.
- Manny Ramirez, King of Dingers.
- Kyle Seager hit a Rangers fan right where the sun don’t shine with his game-winning home run.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On May 12th, 1971, Carl Taylor goes into the clubhouse during the top of the seventh inning in Baltimore and sets fire to his baseball equipment and uniform in front of his locker.