The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Voting for the All-Star game has officially started, so fill out your ballots out early and hope your favorite player is still healthy by the All-Star break.
Here’s a look at what’s going on around the National League East.
- The Marlins placed Miguel Rojas on the disabled list with a thumb injury.
- There is a chance the Pirates make Gerrit Cole available in trade talks this summer.
- Milwaukee placed Ryan Braun on the disabled list with a calf strain.
- Jeurys Familia had surgery Friday and could be out for a few months, which is bad news for the Mets pitching staff.
- Miami selected Mike Aviles’ contract, the club announced. Tomas Telis was optioned in the corresponding roster move.
- The Nationals activated Shawn Kelley and Koda Glover from the disabled list, the club announced.
- Former Braves outfielder Jeff Francoeur is joining FOX Sports South to help broadcast Braves games.
- J.D. Martinez was activated from the disabled list, the Tigers announced.
- The Twins are set to promote Jose Berrios, who will start Saturday, according to MLB.com’s Rhett Bollinger.
- The Marlins were in talks to acquire Shelby Miller last summer before they added Andrew Cashner, according to USA Today’s Bob Nightengale.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2001, Alex Rodriguez hit his 200th home run, becoming the fifth-youngest player to do so.