The Athletics have activated Josh Phegley from the concussion DL. The catcher was sent to the 7-day disabled list after taking a foul ball straight to the mask. Phegley is one of three catchers for the A’s, splitting time behind the plate with Stephen Vogt and Bruce Maxwell.
Here’s what else is goin’ down in the American League West:
- Get ready to have your heart warmed: here’s how Andrew Moore’s mom taught him the business of baseball.
- Rangers kept Shin-Soo Choo to out of the lineup yesterday due to a sore back.
- Let’s check in on how the Houston Astros’ prospects are doing.
- Blake Parker has emerged as an incredibly dominant reliever.
- Is 2017 already doomed for the Athletics?
- If the Mariners want to tap some much needed talent, indy ball is their best bet.
- Carlos Gomez left yesterday’s game with a hamstring strain.
- Here are 10 things you should know about James Hoyt, the Astros’ 30-year-old rookie.
- Billy Eppler may be on the verge of achieving something revolutionary.
- Leody Taveras is the lone Ranger in Baseball America’s Top 100 prospect list.
- Spoiler alert: the Angels are probably going to go after catchers at this year’s draft.
- Oakland options Jharel Cotton to Triple-A.