A.J. Pollock has been placed on the 10-day disabled list after sustaining a right groin strain while running to first base on a single. This injury mirrors what Pollock did to his left groin about a year ago, however this time around it is less severe.
The centerfielder is currently slashing .299/.337/.455 with 11 RBIs and 29 strikeouts.
The 29-year old was set to have a redemptive 2017. Pollock missed closed to the entirely of last season when he fractured his elbow sliding into home during an exhibition game. Rey Fuentes has been brought up from Triple-A to take his place.
While no timetable has been laid out for Pollock’s return, the injury doesn’t seem to concern him or the Diamondbacks. However, Arizona will be taking their sweet time in bringing Pollock back.
Here’s what else is happening in the National League West:
- Hunter Pence has been placed on the disabled list for a hamstring strain.
- Who would the Diamondbacks protect in an expansion draft?
- The Padres have activated Jarred Cosart from 10-day DL and optioned Kevin Quackenbush, on a dark day for last names on jerseys everywhere.
- Here are three rotation options for the Rockies to chose from when Jon Gray returns.
- The Dodgers option Brett Eibner and activate Brandon McCarthy.
- Meet Reyes Moronta, the new favorite reliever of Giants fans everywhere.
- Wil Myers is an equal field opportunity home run hitter.
- The Rockies call up Raimel Tapia and option Jeff Hoffman.
- Alex Wood has been named NL Player of the Week.
- Mark Melancon has been placed on DL with a pronator strain.
- Here’s a quick and albiet early list of names that could be going to the Diamondbacks at 7th overall pick in the draft.