The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Voting for the All-Star game has officially started, so fill out your ballots out early and hope your favorite player is still healthy by the All-Star break.
Here’s a look at what’s going on around the National League East.
- The Astros are interested in Gerrit Cole.
- We can’t really explain some of these hits, you just need to watch the ridiculousness for yourself.
- The Phillies are listening to offers on Jeremy Hellickson, who is about to get super duper valuable.
- Jose Bautista remembers who he is, bat flips, benches clear. So let us all take solace in the fact that some consistency in the world remains.
- Cleveland promotes top outfield prospect Bradley Zimmer.
- The Athletics have some of the best PR out there ‘cause they’re buying this guy a new phone after it took a homer to the screen.
- We need to know: what’s your team’s biggest MLB Draft blunder?
- Mets FINALLYYYYY send Asdrubal Cabrera to DL with thumb injury, so let’s all move on with our lives with this trying time passes.
- Rangers ink Drew Stubbs to a minor-league deal.
- Adam Jones donated $20,000 to the Negro League Museum, is shining example of what a good baseball player and a better role model looks like.
- The Mariners place Robinson Cano on the DL with a quad strain because this year kinda sucks.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On May 18th, 2004, Randy Johnson becomes the oldest pitcher to ever throw a perfect game.