The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Voting for the All-Star game has officially started, so fill out your ballots out early and hope your favorite player is still healthy by the All-Star break.
Here is a look at what’s happening around the National League Central.
- Ryan Braun can be dealt to the Dodgers, but he would have to approve of a deal first.
- Take a look a composite mock draft 1.0.
- The Blue Jays promoted Anthony Alford, which is a pretty notable step for the organization as a whole.
- It seems the Cardinals and White Sox are the favorites to sign Luis Robert.
- The Rockies released Stephen Cardullo, according to MLB.com’s Thomas Harding.
- Pittsburgh claimed pitcher Jhan Marinez from the Brewers, according to MLB.com’s Adam Berry.
- Reds pitcher Anthony DeSclafani will begin pitching (injury) in an attempt to return to the rotation, according to WCPO.com’s John Fay.
- Miami voided Tom Koehler’s option and instead placed him on the disabled list.
- Tony Watson is now a Scott Boras client, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1999, Robin Ventura hit a grand slam in both games of a doubleheader.