The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Voting for the All-Star game has officially started, so fill out your ballots out early and hope your favorite player is still healthy by the All-Star break.
Here is a look at what’s going on around the National League West.
- Dodgers infielder Justin Turner was placed on the 10-day disabled list, though it seems he won’t miss much time.
- Tom Koehler is drawing interest from several clubs, which might be an indication that the Marlins are considering a trade.
- The White Sox signed Luis Robert, who was also linked to the Cardinals and Astros the last few days.
- Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper is seeking a notable amount of cash, and the Dodgers might be one team able to give it to him.
- HEY, A TRADE HAPPENED! The Braves acquired Matt Adams from the Cardinals.
- Atlanta realizes it might not have enough pitching depth and is prepared to pursue free-agent starters as a result.
- The Orioles added left-hander Alex Katz from the White Sox, the team announced Saturday.
- The Astros are among the teams interested in Pirates pitcher Gerrit Cole, according to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe.
- If the Marlins can find a team willing to take Dee Gordon, the club would likely trade its second baseman, according to Cafardo.
- Craig Gentry is headed to Baltimore’s Triple-A affiliate, according to MASNsports.com’s Roch Kubatko.
- The Angels officially announced that they signed free agent starter Doug Fister.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2010, Brooks Conrad hit a grand slam to give the Braves a walk-off win at Turner Field.