Arizona has placed pitcher Taijuan Walker on the 10-day disabled list for a blister on his right index finger. So far this season, Walker is 4-3 with a 3.46 ERA over 52 innings pitched. The 24-year old looked to be in good shape during his start on Friday against the Padres, throwing six shutout innings.
Walker’s control had appeared off for some time now and he’s apparently been dealing with this blister issue for a while. It’s yet to be announced who will take his place to start on Wednesday. Arizona doesn’t seem too concerned on Walker being out for an extended period of time.
In Walker’s place, the Diamondbacks have reinstated HP T.J. McFarland. He has a 1.59 ERA after only 5.2 innings with Arizona this season.
Here’s what else is happening in the National League West:
- Diamondbacks LHP prospect Cody Reed has been named to MLB Pipeline’s Team of the Week, now can they call him up already orrrrr...
- Weather at Coors Field: does the temperature have any impact on run scoring?
- The Dodgers option Julio Urias to Triple-A and recall Josh Ravin.
- Ty Blach is very strange but we’re here for it.
- Top prospect Carlos Asuaje to join the Padres on the big stage for tomorrow’s game.
- The Diamondbacks just introduced the summer baseball game pass of your dreams.
- The Rockies call up Jeff Hoffman and option Raimel Tapia.
- Yasiel Puig sat on Saturday after exiting Friday’s game with back tightness. Let’s hope this isn’t the resurgence of old injuries.
- The Giants’ bench has been abysmal. There, it’s been said.
- The Padres claim Chase d’Arnaud; Luis Sardiñas has been designated for assignment.
- Arizona has reinstated Chris Iannetta and optioned Bracho to Reno.
- Trevor Story has started his rehab assignment.
- A drone crashed at a Padres game is it’s one of the most exciting things to happen during a San Diego game in a while.