Cleveland has signed David Lough to a minor-league deal. This is what we’re going to call an affordable insurance policy that we never hope to have to cash in. The outfielder is versatile and is known for his offensive abilities. He spent 2016 with the Phillies, slashing .239/.342/.313, so he’s not totally burnt out at the plate.
He could serve as a veteran glove on the green in case another injury to Cleveland’s roster arises. Sadly, this meas Yandy Diaz isn’t quite ready to come back for Cleveland.
Here’s what else is goin’ down in the American League Central:
- Is Jose Berrios en route to evolving into a better pitcher or is this the best it’s gonna get?
- You’re gonna want to see how Gregory Polanco has honored Yordano Ventura.
- Could the White Sox draft Florida pitcher Alex Faedo?
- Who could Detroit take with their first round draft pick this year?
- Let’s Go Tribe sat down with Dylan Baker to talk about resilience and perseverance. Get it a read!
- Ervin Santana pitched a complete game against the Orioles, allowing only two hits.
- Is this it for Alex Gordon?
- Welcome to the White Sox, Luis Robert. (PS, our very own Chris Cotillo is featured on this podcast, so it’s obviously good.)
- Let’s calm down about Anthony Gose, shall we? For the Tigers sake if nothing else.
- Corey Kluber is expected to make his first rehab start tomorrow.
- How will the Twins approach this year’s draft?
- Raúl Mondesí is expected to be called up soon.
- The Tigers have 4 of the unluckiest hitters in baseball.