The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
The draft is quickly approaching and things are going to start to move at the speed of light, so check out our Mock Draft 1.0 for a look at who your favorite teams could be picking. Check back here for updates as we get closer to June 12th!
Here is a look at what’s going on around the American League Central.
- David Price is set to make his second rehab start and could come off the disabled list sooner than expected.
- The Orioles have released Michael Bourn.
- The 2011 draft feels like it was far away, but what first round draftees are still making waves this season?
- Mike Trout is literally the entire Angels offense.
- Joey Votto is incredibly savage, thank you come again.
- Carlos Rodon may be out until after All-Star break.
- The Padres are shopping Brad Hand.
- Orioles have claimed Luis Sardinas from Padres.
- The Yankees have installed a “Judge’s Chamber” in the stadium in case you’d like to root for Aaron Judge by way of giant foam gavel.
- What should every NL team do in this year’s draft?
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On May 25th, 1998, Mark McGwire becomes the first player in major league history to hit 25 home runs before June 1st.