Howie Kendrick is started his rehab assignment on Wednesday and then all will be well in Philadelphia...hopefully? Kendrick has been out since mid-April after sustaining a strained oblique. Even though he only played ten games before heading to the disabled list, during those games he reminded everyone who the h*ck he was, slashing .333/.395/.487.
The veteran is currently workin’ his way back to Philly via the Iron Pigs and can, in the most optimistic of worlds, revitalize the Phillies upon his return.
Here’s what else is going on in the National League East:
- The Braves designate Josh Collmenter for assignment and recall Matt Wisler.
- Remember the 2008 draft? The Marlins sure do, not that they’re too proud of it.
- The Mets activate Asdrubal Cabrera from disabled list.
- Lucas Giolito threw a no-hitter against Nationals’ AAA affiliate, in case you forgot he existed.
- How has Atlanta’s most recent draft picks panned out?
- Hector Neris is back and the Phillies have a closer again.
- Christian Yelich is day-to-day with a right hip flexor injury because there’s no faith in Miami.
- New York has sent Tommy Milone to the disabled list, because duh.
- Hot take alert: Michael Taylor is producing, but it won’t last for long.
- Freddie Freeman’s injury is a gruesome one, this we know. But when he’s ready to come back after the twelve weeks, will there be lasting issues?
- Here’s why the 2017 Phillies have been so incredibly frustrating.
- The Marlins are willing to move Dee Gordon.