The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
The draft is quickly approaching and things are going to start to move at the speed of light, so check out our Mock Draft 1.0 for a look at who your favorite teams could be picking. Check back here for updates as we get closer to June 12th!
Here is a look at what’s going on around the American League East.
- What managers are on the hot seat this season? Probably exactly the ones you’re thinking about.
- The Orioles have released Michael Bourn.
- The 2013 draft feels like it was far away, but what first round draftees are still making waves this season? Hint: one of them just won a World Series ring.
- The Twins are unlikely to select Hunter Greene with their first over all pick in the MLB draft this year.
- Carlos Rodon may be out until after All-Star break.
- The Padres are shopping Brad Hand, nudge nudge Mets.
- Orioles have claimed Luis Sardinas from Padres.
- The Yankees have installed a “Judge’s Chamber” in the stadium in case you’d like to root for Aaron Judge by way of giant foam gavel.
- The Rays are willing to trade RHP Alex Cobb.
- Sound the alarms because the Red Sox are ready to activate David Price.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On May 26th, 2016, Wade Boggs became the tenth Red Sox player to have his number retired by the team.