The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
The draft is quickly approaching and things are going to start to move at the speed of light, so check out our Mock Draft 1.0 for a look at who your favorite teams could be picking. Check back here for updates as we get closer to June 12th!
Here is a look at what’s going on around the National League East.
- Howie Kendrick started his rehab assignment and could be joining the Phillies soon.
- The Blue Jays activated Troy Tulowitzki from the disabled list, which is good news for their offense.
- If the Tigers are close to five-hundred in advance of the non-waiver trade deadline, they could make several veteran players available.
- The Reds and Padres have expressed interest in Cuban shortstop Israel Garcia.
- Left-hander Adam Wilk was designated for assignment by the Twins, according to Mike Berardino of The St. Paul Pioneer-Press.
- James Paxton is expected to return to the Mariners on Wednesday, according to MLB.com’s Greg Johns.
- Kendall Graveman is out with a shoulder injury, according to Susan Slusser of The San Francisco Chronicle.
- Felipe Rivero has recently become a Scott Boras client, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
- Twins prospect Nick Burdi is set to undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery, according to MLB.com’s Rhett Bollinger.
- Brock Holt might be out for a bit longer, according to Pete Abraham of The Boston Globe.
- Los Angeles claimed infielder Mike Freeman, the team announced Friday.
- Washington acquired outfielder Ryan Raburn from the White Sox, according to a club announcement.
- The Orioles sent Luis Sardinas to Triple-A, the team announced.
- Milwaukee placed Ryan Braun on the 10-day disabled list, the club announced.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2006, Curt Schilling won his 200th game.