Ryan Braun is heading back to the disabled list after leaving Thursday’s game with calf tightness. The franchise outfielder claimed that he ‘wasn’t at 100%’ when he returned from the DL last Sunday.
Braun was gone for most of May after sustaining a strain to his left calf. While Braun has stated that he doesn’t feel his injury is as severe as before, he won’t try to rush himself back onto the field again. This season, Braun had slashed .262/.350/.524. While he’s bee sent to the 10-day deal, the 33-year old is expected to be out for longer than that. Not good for a suddenly slumping Milwaukee team.
Here’s what else is happening in the National League Central:
- If you don’t have this Chicago shirt, are you even really a Cubs fan?
- After having surgery following being diagnosed with testicular cancer, Jameson Taillon threw three strong innings in rehab.
- Here’s how the Cardinals minor league system is chugging along.
- Craig Counsell was not happy about this replay decision on Friday.
- Remember when Carlos Zambrano beat up that Gatorade dispenser? Good times, good times.
- The Reds have had a busy week, claiming Jake Buchanan from Cubs, sending Amir Garrett to DL and designating Peter O’Brien for assignment.
- Seung Hwan Oh is struggling to keep balls out of play in 2017.
- Here’s what young Cubs are doing in the team’s farm system.
- Cincinnati Reds position players lead all baseball in fWAR.
- The Cardinals should host Pride Night at Busch Stadium.