he MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
The draft is quickly approaching and things are going to start to move at the speed of light, so check out our Mock Draft 2.0 for a look at who your favorite teams could be picking. Check back here for updates as we get closer to June 12th!
Here’s the latest from around the American League Central.
- Yoenis Cespedes has quad soreness and could be out for a few days, according to Newsday’s Marc Carig.
- Baseball is canceled for the rest of the season, Mike Trout will miss 6-8 weeks with a torn thumb ligament. The void is nigh.
- Justin Upton is unlikely to opt out this winter.
- How have draft picks from 2015 made their names in the big leagues in only two short years?
- Major League Baseball has tested Brewers infielder Eric Thames for PEDs on numerous occasions, according to Rosenthal.
- The Marlins are preparing to sell the team to one of the two main groups involved in the bidding process, according to Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald.
- Our second composite mock draft is out—who will your team pick in this year’s draft?
- Lucas Duda is likely to leave the Mets in free agency and also out of fear that the Mets Injury Monster will find him next.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On May 30th, 1930, Rogers Hornsby receives his MVP award and is given a thousand gold coins.