he MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
The draft is quickly approaching and things are going to start to move at the speed of light, so check out our Mock Draft 2.0 for a look at who your favorite teams could be picking. Check back here for updates as we get closer to June 12th!
Here’s the latest from around the National League Central.
- The Nationals are interested in Padres closer Brad Hand.
- The Dodgers and Red Sox are both interested in Marlins pitcher Tom Koehler.
- Baseball is canceled for the rest of the season, Mike Trout will miss 6-8 weeks with a torn thumb ligament. The void is nigh.
- Justin Upton is unlikely to opt out this winter.
- How have draft picks from 2016 made their names in the big leagues in only one little year?
- Dustin Pedroia will head to the DL with a sprained wrist.
- Sad news, maybe? Jeb Bush is out of the running to buy the Marlins, leaving Derek Jeter all alone.
- Our second composite mock draft is out—who will your team pick in this year’s draft?
- Lucas Duda is likely to leave the Mets in free agency and also out of fear that the Mets Injury Monster will find him next.
- Hunter Strickland and Bryce Harper have both been suspended, respectively, for Monday’s brawl.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On May 31st, 2009, Carlos Pena becomes the first player to hit a ball into the “A” ring, the highest catwalk at Tropicana Field.