Pittsburg has moved David Freese on the 10-day disabled list for a minor right hamstring strain. It’s a good think that the third baseman has the potential to come back in just a week, seeing as he has one of the best bats the Pirates have to offer. Slugging .321/.418/.536, he leads the team in slugging...by a whole lot. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery to our newest inspiration.
Here’s what else is happening in the National League Central:
- John Bormann’s 15 minutes of fame has come to an end. It was a good run, buddy.
- Joey Votto is the king of reinventing himself.
- Curious about who Kyle Schwarber’s biggest baseball influence is? Bleed Cubbie Blue has the inside scoop for you.
- Does Mike Leake have serious Cy Young candidacy?
- Domingo Santana is becoming a more disciplined ballplayer.
- Here’s a look at all the standouts playing in Cincinnati’s farm system.
- The Cubs might need a 6th starter soon.
- Dexter Fowler’s daughter is amazing and we should all aspire to be a little more like her.
- Did you come into the 2017 season thinking that the Brewers were going to be on the weaker end of the NL Central? Maybe it’s time to think again.
- Pittsburgh has shipped Luis Heredia off to Double-A Altoona.
- The Reds have activated Devin Mesoraco. So, uh, what now?
- What’s going on with Aledmys Diaz?
- The Milwaukee Brewers designate Tommy Milone for assignment and call up Rob Scahill.