The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Voting for the All-Star game has officially started, so fill out your ballots out early and hope your favorite player is still healthy by the All-Star break.
Here is a look at what’s going on around the National League West.
- Hot take alert: MLB SHOULD PENALIZE ANY CLUB WHO WON’T POLICE THEIR FANS. There. We said it.
- While we’re at it, stop freakin’ throwing at batters, someone is going to get seriously injured.
- Today’s odd yet heartwarming tale is about this man that is flushing his friend's ashes down the toilet of every MLB ballpark.
- The Orioles place Welington Castillo on DL with shoulder tendinitis.
- Well, the Royals are probably screwed this season. So there’s that.
- Miami has placed Edinson Volquez on the DL with a thumb blister. Ouchie.
- Because Thor is Thor and one doctor is not sufficient, Syndergaard will seek a second opinion about his torn right lat.
- Did the White Sox blow it by rebuilding?
- The Yankees have sent Greg Bird to the disabled list for his ankle.
- The Mets are a flaming hot mess and while this is not brand new information it is still pretty sad.
- PSA: If you propose at a stadium and get rejected, you deserve to go viral.
- In somewhat of a sad turn of events, the Blue Jays have released Jarrod Saltalamacchia after he cleared waivers. He’d put up a batting average of .040. Oh how the mighty fall.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On May 4th, 2006, Mike Napoli, on the first pitch he sees in his first major league at-bat, hits a home run. The party has been raging ever since.