The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Voting for the All-Star game has officially started, so fill out your ballots out early and hope your favorite player is still healthy by the All-Star break.
Here’s a look at what’s going on around the National League East.
- The Marlins placed left-hander Wei-Yin Chen on the disabled list with what they’re deeming a “tired arm.”
- San Francisco designated outfielder Drew Stubbs for assignment and recalled Justin Ruggiano in the corresponding roster move.
- Washington placed reliever Shawn Kelley on the disabled list, which is bad news for the back-end of the Nationals bullpen.
- The Twins designated pitcher Michael Tonkin for assignment Saturday, according to Phil Miller of the Minnesota Star Tribune.
- Baltimore placed closer Zach Britton on the disabled list with a forearm strain (again), according to BaltimoreBaseball.com’s Dan Connolly.
- The Angels acquired reliever Damien Magnifico from the Orioles, the team announced.
- Tampa Bay designated left-hander Justin Marks for assignment Saturday, according to Marc Topkin of The Tampa Bay Times.
- Dodgers starter Rich Hill will pitch Tuesday before returning to Los Angeles’ rotation, according to Bill Shaikin of The Los Angeles Times.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2014, Adrian Beltre became the third major league player to hit 100 home runs for three teams.