The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Voting for the All-Star game has officially started, so fill out your ballots out early and hope your favorite player is still healthy by the All-Star break.
Here’s a look at what’s going on around the American League West.
- Pirates pitcher Jameson Taillon has been treated for suspected testicular cancer.
- The Mets have claimed pitcher Tommy Milone.
- The Royals are ‘likely’ to re-sign Alcides Escobar.
- Mets and Blue Jays were among four clubs that attended Doug Fister’s showcase.
- The Twins have traded Danny Santana to the Braves.
- The Mets have suspend Matt Harvey 3 games for violating team rules. In response, Harvey has filed a grievance with the team that there was a clear and present misunderstanding.
- And of course there’s more Harvey controversy because why wouldn’t there be?
- Which baseball team is most representative of the “Evil Empire’?
- This weekend, the Mets became the poster child for always double checking your social media posts.
- Is Giancarlo Stanton just an ordinary baseball player now? The shock, the horror.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little content here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On May 9th, 2007, on his 22nd birthday, Jarrod Saltalamacchia makes his major league debut.