Los Angeles activated Cameron Maybin from the disabled list and designated outfielder Shane Robinson for assignment in the corresponding roster move, according to Jeff Fletcher of The Orange County Register.
Robinson appeared in just five games with the Angels this season, hitting .182/.250/.182 without an RBI or a home run. Over 65 games with the Angels last season, Robinson hit .173 with a home run and 10 RBIs.
With Maybin sidelined, Robinson was given an opportunity.
Here’s the latest from around the American League West:
- Most of the Seattle infield is signed through 2022, which bodes well for the club’s future.
- The Athletics optioned Mark Canha to Triple-A.
- The Astros called up one of their top pitching prospects, Francis Martes, because of their rotation issues.
- Based on the most recent mock drafts, the Rangers will turn to pitching during next week’s MLB Draft.
- Even if they don’t make a ton of sense, the Angels have turned to platoon situations of late.