The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
The first and best day of the draft is unfortunately over, but if you’re a real draft geek, there are still 38 more rounds today and tomorrow! Once it’s all said and done, over 1200 players will be selected. And hey, you never know, there could be a Jarrod Dyson or Kevin Siegrist hiding somewhere, waiting for his selection on Day Three.
What’s going on in baseball today?
- A lot (a lot!) of good players were drafted yesterday. Check out the draft tracker to see where they all went and our Q&As with a lot of them (a lot of them!) to get inside their heads.
- Check out the latest news in the National League East.
- White Sox setup man Nate Jones had a setback from his elbow injury and was shut down, according to Comcast SportsNet Chicago’s Dan Hayes.
- Rays starter Matt Andriese will be out for awhile with an injury.
- Sonny Gray is one of the pitchers teams are expressing trade interest in, according to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe.
- The Red Sox are scouting a Royals’ reliever.
- Mike Matheny’s job isn’t so safe anymore.
- Padres reliever Carter Capps was activated from the disabled list, according to MLB.com’s AJ Cassavell.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (My lawyers have instructed me to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: June 13th was the debut date for two of baseball’s most entertaining players of recent memory: Eddie Guardado (1993) and Prince Fielder (2005).