The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
The draft is unfortunately over. Find our full recap of the first day of the draft here and the second and third days here.
What’s going on in baseball today?
- A lot (a lot!) of good players were drafted on Monday and they deserve you page view. Check out the draft tracker to see where they all went and our Q&As with a good chunk of the first round to get inside their heads.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League West.
- Yonder Alonso is “open” to an extension with the Athletics.
- The Nationals signed Edwin Jackson to a minor league deal.
- The Dodgers are reportedly interested in left-hander Jose Quintana.
- Washington could benefit from a closer but might need to add more than that this summer, according to Fan Rag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
- Jair Jurrjens was attempting a comeback with the Dodgers Triple-A club but recently tested positive for PEDs, the league announced.
- Eduardo Rodriguez could be close to returning to the Red Sox, according to Pete Abraham of The Boston Globe.
- Juan Lagares is injured, according to MLB.com’s Anthony DiComo, which is genuinely bad news for the Mets.
- The Rockies activated Tom Murphy from the disabled list, the team announced. Ryan Hanigan was optioned in the corresponding move.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
2017 MLB Pre-July Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2008, Felix Hernandez struck out the side on nine pitches.