The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
What’s going on in baseball today?
- A lot (a lot!) of good players were drafted last week and they deserve you page view. Check out the draft tracker to see where they all went and our Q&As with a good chunk of the first round to get inside their heads.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League Central.
- The Athletics and Astros are 'mutually interested' in a Sonny Gray trade. Sound the alarms.
- Yonder Alonso is “open” to an extension with the Athletics.
- Gleyber Torres will undergo Tommy John surgery. Probably one of the last things the Yankees wanted to hear.
- The Dodgers are reportedly interested in left-hander Jose Quintana.
- MLB players can wear nicknames on their jerseys for one weekend, so they better take advantage of it.
- J.J. Hardy will be out 4-6 weeks with a broken wrist.
- Tim Tebow should become a knuckleballer. THERE, IT’S BEEN SAID.
- The Rangers are unlikely to trade Yu Darvish.
- A 5-year-old heart transplant patient got a special invite to a Red Sox game, good bye our hearts have melted.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
2017 MLB Pre-July Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On June 20th, 1991, Ivan Rodríguez makes his major league debut with the Rangers.