When Freddie Freeman was hit by a pitch on the wrist in May, baseball lovers across the country were saddened by the lost of a hot bat that was making the game exciting so early on in the season. Now a month or so out from his return, Freeman’s name has found its way back into the headlines. The first baseman could now move to 3rd base once he’s healthy.
This change of scenery is Brian Snitker’s way of keeping Matt Adams on the field upon Freeman’s return. Adams was immediately acquired from the Cardinals by the Braves upon Freeman’s devastating injury news. It’s safe to say he’s been filling that roll pretty well, slashing an respectable .306/.361/.658. It’s no wonder Snitker wants to have his cake and eat it too, his cake has amazing offensive stats.
Even if this is a tentative plan of action, the Braves still have some time to iron everything out. Freeman has recently taken his cast off and was cleared to start throwing at the beginning of this week.
Here’s what else is going on in the National League East:
- Anthony Rendon exited Monday’s game with a neck strain and will be day-to-day.
- The Phillies DFA Jeanmar Gomez and Michael Saunders; call to action Hoby Milner and Cameron Perkins.
- Tyler Pill will start today because long live the six man rotation.
- Jeff Mathis congratulates Justin Bour on his first career stolen base and it’s pretty hilarious.
- Jayson Werth’s left foot contusion is still an issue.
- Jerad Eickhoff hits the DL for the Phillies, Brock Stassi called up to fill the void.
- Juan Lagares had surgery to repair his broken thumb.
- Bartolo Colon has been scratched from his next start due to a stiff back. Get well soon, Big Sexy.
- First rounder Trevor Rogers officially signs with Miami.
- The Nationals are targeting A’s Ryan Madson and Tigers’ Justin Wilson for a pretty interesting trade.
- Get this sick Phillies shirt right here and you’ll be the talk of the town, we promise.
The Braves officially agree to a $7M bonus with first round draft pick, Kyle Wright.