The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
What’s going on in baseball today?
- A lot (a lot!) of good players were drafted last week and they deserve you page view. Check out the draft tracker to see where they all went and our Q&As with a good chunk of the first round to get inside their heads.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League West.
- The Marlins are expected to deal Adeiny Hechavarria soon, so everyone get to the edge of your seats so you can revel in what’s probably the most exciting trade to happen so far this season.
- Which clubs are the best fits for him, anyway?
- A mystery NL team is interested in Gray as their closer. The plot thickens.
- The Red Sox have cured their third baseman woes by signing Jhonny Peralta.
- The Red Sox aren’t done yet. Boston is interested in Mike Moustakas.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On June 24th, 1997, Randy Johnson breaks Ron Guidry's American League record for strikeouts in a game by a left-hander.