The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
What’s going on in baseball today?
A lot (a lot!) of good players were drafted last week and they deserve you page view. Check out the draft tracker to see where they all went and our Q&As with a good chunk of the first round to get inside their heads.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- There is a team that is interested in adding Sonny Gray to be its closer.
- The Athletics have promoted Franklin Barreto, who becomes the latest prospect to receive an opportunity in Oakland.
- The White Sox signed Grant Green to a minor league deal, the club’s Triple-A team announced.
- Dan Duquette isn’t prepared to decide whether the Orioles will buy or sell at the deadline, according to Joe Meoli of The Baltimore Sun.
- The Yankees signed their first-round draft pick, according to YES Network’s Jack Curry.
- San Diego sent Josh Lindblom to Triple-A, the team announced.
- The Cardinals and Rays are still interested in Marlins shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria, according to Clark Spencer of The Miami Herald.
- There is still no group that is able to meet the asking price to purchase the Marlins, according to FOX’s Charles Gasparino.
- Henderson Alvarez had a showcase in Miami on Friday, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
- The Yankees designated Chris Carter for assignment, the team announced.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 1999, Jesse Orosco set the major league record for most relief appearances.