The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
What’s going on in baseball today?
Still haven’t caught up on draft coverage like you’ve been telling yourself? We’ve got you covered. Check out the draft tracker to see where the hyped up players went and our Q&As with a good chunk of the first round to get inside their heads.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League West.
- There is a team that is interested in adding Sonny Gray to be its closer.
- The Phillies have a ‘standing offer’ for Pat Neshek, so the ball is in his court now. Or maybe his pitcher’s mound? We give up.
- The Phillies have made Maikel Franco available as the trade deadline draws near.
- Dan Duquette isn’t prepared to decide whether the Orioles will buy or sell at the deadline, according to Joe Meoli of The Baltimore Sun.
- The Brewers have claimed Stephen Vogt, so that was a pretty quick turn-around.
- The Cardinals and Rays are still interested in Marlins shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria, according to Clark Spencer of The Miami Herald.
- There is still no group that is able to meet the asking price to purchase the Marlins, according to FOX’s Charles Gasparino. Let’s all take a moment to be quietly shocked.
- Henderson Alvarez had a showcase in Miami on Friday, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
- Tebow got promoted by the Mets. He’s not playing all that well, though. But it puts fans in the seats so New York will do whatever it takes.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
2017 MLB Pre-July Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 1962, Earl Wilson, the Red Sox' first African American pitcher, no-hits the Angels at Fenway Park.