Last night, Reds’ pitcher Brandon Finnegan exited the game after wincing through a pitch in the third inning. A trainer came out to check on him and immediately brought him into the clubhouse for further examination. He didn’t look comfortable in his walk from the mound to the dugout.
The was Finnegan’s first start after coming off of the 60-day disabled list for a teres major strain, a muscle near the shoulder. If this is a potential setback, it’s good the Reds have caught it in time before another 60-day DL stint. Hopefully Finnegan will be okay and the Reds can have some stability in their pitching rotation.
Check out what else is happening in the National League Central:
- The Pirates outright Josh Lindblom to Indianapolis.
- The Cubs call Jeimer Candelario up and send Dylan Floro down.
- Hot take alert: The case for a complete Cardinals rebuild.
- The Milwaukee Brewers may be preparing Jorge Lopez for a role in the bullpen.
- Tyler Glasnow is absolutely tearing up the International League hurling seven shutout innings.
- Is the Reds’ rebuild finally about to turn the corner?
- Kris Bryant still leading All-Star voting, because duh.
- Double Hot Take Alert: Mike Matheny should be fired.
- Get ready for an international blockbuster. The Brewers reportedly have $1.7 mil agreement with Dominican free agent Larry Ernesto.
- I don’t think this is how the Reds were planning Homer Bailey’s return to go.
- Anthony Rizzo wants to compete in this year’s Home Run Derby.
- Stephen Vogt is a reasonable gamble for Milwaukee.